Saturday, May 3, 2008

Indianapolis Mini-Marathon

I went to the 2008 Indianapolis Mini-Marathon with Aqeel this past Saturday (5/3/08). It was a half-marathon, with part of the course on the Indianapolis race track. Don't ask me why they call it a mini-marathon.

I was hoping to get under 2 hours, since I apparently had a chip time of 2:01 at Chicago 2 years ago. I thought I had a 2:10. I was feeling good around 6-8 miles, but I got really tired around mile 10, and I really ran out of gas for the last mile. Still, I finished around 2:06 for the gun time and I had a chip time of 1:54:35 for a pace of 8:45, so I accomplished my goal at least. Apparently I finished 712 for my age, 4409 in my gender, and 5679 overall. My bib number was 40735. (Searching for results by my name failed while bib number worked. :-p)

Now I can slack off until I got to start training for the Disney marathon next January. ^_^

4 comments:

Sophia said...

I didn't know you liked running! Souper - you should ride bikes too

sainueng said...

Haha. Friends of mine have been trying to get me to start riding bikes, but I haven't gotten over the sticker shock yet. :-p We'll see.

Kevin said...

Running is certainly much cheeper! Not that I do much of either...

sainueng said...

Yeah, running is much cheaper.

However, it was shocking how expensive entrance fees to half-marathons and marathons are. They're like $50-100+! O_o